Saturday, August 30, 2008
My Little Terrorist
In addition to my lovely Mabel, I now have Fizzgig who is about 2.5 months old. I took him to the veterinarian two weeks ago and found out he had ear mites, round worm and coccidia. They also said he might have ringworm. So, I took him home and quarantined him in the bathroom like I was told too. I went out and bought bleach to make bleach water to wash my hands with each time I handle him (something else I was told to do). The next day the vet called and told me he had giardia too. On Monday the ringworm culture turned positive. He's about done with all of his medicines for the parasites, but he has three more weeks of medicine for ringworm (it's a fungus) and he has to stay quarantined for about another week... which means another week of bleach water too. Tomorrow I have to give him a bath as part of his giardia treatment. I had expected the ear mites... the round worm wasn't too surprising, but I hadn't really expected the little guy to have four parasites and a fungus. I was holding him up at the vet and saying he's so cute and innocent looking, who'd have guessed? The vet said "Yeah, he's a little terrorist!". Since then he's also been referred to as a dirty bomb.
Fizzgig came with his name. I might have changed it, but it's a Jim Henson reference. I call him Fizz and Fizzy for short sometimes. In e-mails my dad has called him Fuzzbutt. My boyfriend just calls him Quarantine now.
Evil Ducky and I took pictures of him the night I got him, before I knew I needed to quarantine him.
Friday, August 29, 2008
S Is For Spoiled
I confess... my cat Mabel is quite spoiled. She has a mighty collection of little cat balls to chase around. A month or so ago I bought her a couple of dog toys too because she's kind of dog-like sometimes. She really loves her rope bone.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I woke up sick this morning. There wasn't really any warning; just woke up with a nasty head cold. I thought about it for maybe a half hour. I considered the large quantity of sick time I've built up over about the last five years. I thought about how slow work has been the past few weeks. I decided it'd be best to stay home and not contaminate anyone since there probably wouldn't be a lot of work for me anyway. So I went back to bed. When I woke up again, I determined I was more sick than I had realized. I don't think I would have made it through the day if I'd gone to work.
It's funny to me, though, because last week I could feel I was fighting something off for a few days, and I felt I beat it. I didn't ever actually get sick. This though... so out of nowhere. It feels like I looked both ways carefully before crossing the street and I got hit by Mack truck anyway.
I have picture posts waiting to happen when I have time. I have time now, I suppose, but I also have so much snot I can't concentrate on any one activity for much more than 20 minutes, max.
One will be a visual portion of my ridiculous on-going 100 Things meme. I have another set of pictures illustrating how spoiled Mabel is. I so need to introduce Fizzgig, my kitten. I've only had him for a week, but there's quite a story surrounding him already.
I have to go blow my nose. Again.
Friday, August 08, 2008
100 Things (Part Six)
56. Sometimes I draw, but not often enough.
57. I like giving gifts almost more than receiving gifts.
58. I like snail mail, unless it's bills or ads... and it usually is.
59. If I think for too long about the natural gas used by my furnace, water heater & stove, I get really freaked out.
60. When I was 19, I had my ears pierced for my mom's birthday.
61. I cannot pick a favorite author or rank authors I like, but if you tried to get me to, you would probably hear some of these names (among others): Haven Kimmel, Jennifer Weiner, Maeve Binchy, Nick Hornby, Sarah Addison Allen
62. I used to argue with my kindergarten teacher, which was totally inappropriate, but she sure could piss me off.
63. I have a bicycle, but I haven't ridden it in years.
64. I sort of vaguely collect bottle caps (inspired by Bert on Sesame Street) and stamps (inspired by my cousin and mother).
65. I like fairly big earrings, but usually not gaudy ones. Yes, there is a difference.
Labels: 100 Things