Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sick

8:48 p.m. / 20:48

I woke up sick this morning. There wasn't really any warning; just woke up with a nasty head cold. I thought about it for maybe a half hour. I considered the large quantity of sick time I've built up over about the last five years. I thought about how slow work has been the past few weeks. I decided it'd be best to stay home and not contaminate anyone since there probably wouldn't be a lot of work for me anyway. So I went back to bed. When I woke up again, I determined I was more sick than I had realized. I don't think I would have made it through the day if I'd gone to work.

It's funny to me, though, because last week I could feel I was fighting something off for a few days, and I felt I beat it. I didn't ever actually get sick. This though... so out of nowhere. It feels like I looked both ways carefully before crossing the street and I got hit by Mack truck anyway.

I have picture posts waiting to happen when I have time. I have time now, I suppose, but I also have so much snot I can't concentrate on any one activity for much more than 20 minutes, max.

One will be a visual portion of my ridiculous on-going 100 Things meme. I have another set of pictures illustrating how spoiled Mabel is. I so need to introduce Fizzgig, my kitten. I've only had him for a week, but there's quite a story surrounding him already.

I have to go blow my nose. Again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?