Saturday, January 14, 2012

Silly Lists Reckoning, Part Three

11:19 PM / 23:19

In case it's not clear, the underlined headings in these reckoning posts are links back to the original relevant Silly Lists posts.

Christian

Original List:

Friendship Cake by Lynne Hinton
Hope Springs by Lynne Hinton
Forever Friends by Lynne Hinton
Christmas Cake by Lynne Hinton
Wedding Cake by Lynne Hinton
A Month of Summer by Lisa Wingate
The Summer Kitchen by Lisa Wingate
Beyond Summer by Lisa Wingate
Tiger Lillie by Lisa Samson
In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols

I didn't read any of these or any other Christian fiction in 2011. I have no idea why not. I just didn't. So, not so good here.

Nonfiction

Original List:

Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks: An Epic Quest for Reality Among Role Players, Online Gamers and Other Dwellers of Imaginary Realms by Ethan Gilsdorf
Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street by Michael Davis
This Book is Overdue: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All by Marilyn Johnson
Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg
This I Believe: On Love edited by Dan Gediman

What I actually read:

a few essays from This I Believe: On Love edited by Dan Gediman

Beginner's Grace: Bringing Prayer to Life by Kate Braestrup
The ABC's for UU Newcomers: A Brief Introduction to Unitarian Universalism by William Cleary
Maphead: Charting the Wide, Weird World of Geography Wonks by Ken Jennings

I still want to read the books on the original list, but I really, really loved the books I read by Kate Braestrup and Ken Jennings.

Mystery

Original List:

Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers
A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley
Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward

What I actually read:

Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward

I only read one of them, and no other mysteries. I didn't even particularly like the one I read. I love Lisa Lutz' Spellman series and I do hope David Hayward tries writing on his own sometime, but Heads You Lose didn't work for me.

It's pretty strange I ended up not reading the Alan Bradley and Janet Evanovich books, given I've read the books in their series that precede the ones on the list. I'm behind by two books in both series now.

Re-Read

Original List:

Ring World by Larry Niven
Faking It by Jennifer Crusie
Pay it Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Evening Class by Maeve Binchy

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis




















I didn't re-read anything this year, unless it was by listening to an audiobook, but I know I didn't do that much.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?