Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Notes

10:00 p.m. / 22:00

Okay, I feel semi-obligated to start with today's visit with my grandparents, uncle etc. since I wrote about not really wanting to see my uncle in last night's post. He wasn't there. He and my cousin have moved out. I'm sure with the holidays coming, I'll see him soon, though. The visit was mostly good with some intense moments of crabbiness. As examples, the BBQ restaurant where we were supposed to pick up the main course for the meal we'd packed turned out to closed and later I accidentally sparked an argument between Grandma and Grandpa when I couldn't find a bottle opener. Grandma gave me a small stuffed turtle.

The rest of my day was alright and probably would have been great if I hadn't been quietly, needlessly dreading the evening. I went to Barnes & Noble and had a Blondie Blast-- a blondie with m&m's in it. I love those too much. I bought Christmas cards while I was there too.

I've read about half of Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich now. I'm enjoying it but I'm withholding more elaborative thoughts until I finish it.

I've been watching a lot of The West Wing on DVD lately. There are episodes from seasons 1 - 4 that I practically have memorized but I'm on season six now and I've only watched it once before, about six years ago so it's almost like watching brand new episodes. Okay, that's probably a bit of an exaggeration.

If you've been keeping up with me this month you know I've been taking pictures of pretty fall leaves out and about. Well, just in the past couple of days I've discovered my own gum tree is gorgeous this year. I honestly don't remember it turning so beautifully the last two autumns I've lived here.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?