Monday, November 08, 2010

Monday Notes: Icky Sicky Whiny Edition

9:50 p.m. / 21:50

I felt fine yesterday morning when I woke up in a big cabin filled with some of my best friends but later at home, almost from the moment I let myself start winding down from the weekend with a nap and a hot shower, I started feeling not so great. At first I figured I was just still really tired. Then I figured I was tired and my allergies were really getting the best of me. By bedtime, though, I had to admit I was sick.

I'm not good a being sick. Should I have pushed myself today to unpack or is it good that I was in bed either reading or sleeping most of the day? I don't really feel like writing either but it's NaBloPoMo and I'm tired of being in bed anyway so I'm pushing myself to do at least this.

Since I was sick today, in between naps I made it through the second half of Happy Ever After, the fourth and final book in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. It was good but I'd have liked a more detailed epilogue a little further into the future. I suppose next I might read Ruffles and Drums by Betty Cavanna. I finished Mad, Bad and Blonde by Cathie Linz on Thursday before I threw myself more fully into getting ready for the weekend at the cabin. It ended up being just good enough that I'll probably read the next one, Luck Be a Lady. I've made no further progress on Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson because it's in my locker at work, where I haven't been since Wednesday.

This morning I fell back asleep in between deciding I'd have to call in sick and actually making the call. I dreamed I went to work to say I couldn't stay. In the dream, I worked in some sort of clothing retail store, rather than a library. Customers kept asking for help and I had to help them so I wouldn't seem rude and I couldn't get to my boss to say I was sick because the customers were keeping me busy.

Not sure if I have a bad cold or a mild flu. It's mostly like a head cold but so bad I'm a little dizzy sometimes plus I just feel weak and this morning I was achy everywhere.

By the way, all of those nature photographs in yesterday's post are from my weekend trip. It was a beautiful weekend, even if it did end with me getting sick.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?