Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall Foliage And Christmas Lights

6:00 p.m. / 18:00

Today I really wanted to go for a walk and enjoy what's left of fall with my boyfriend (who still doesn't have blog nickname). I wanted to go to a state park I love one state over but didn't really plan well. By the time we were really going to go, it was too late to drive there and get a good walk in before dark. So, we went to a large city park near where I live. It was absolutely gorgeous all except one thing. That park is where they set up a huge Christmas light display every year that people pay ($ goes to charity) to drive through. The display opens in about two weeks and they've already got a lot of it set up. It kind of marred the fall scenery. In the end, though, it was a really nice walk and I got several good pictures. There are some beautiful trees over there and the late afternoon sun had them lit up. I even took a few of the darn Christmas lights because it occurred to me the Christmas lights in the fall setting were interesting in a way and probably not as many people see them during set-up as will see them when they're lit up in a few weeks. It's also unseasonably warm today so we were walking in short sleeved shirts. It was kind of weird all around... beautiful but weird.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?