Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elaborating On Yesterday's Post

11:30 p.m. / 23:30

It has occurred to me that tossing some videos into a post without any real explanation other than short time and writer's block might not have been the best thing to do. So tonight I want to say a little more about Taylor Mali.

Taylor Mali is a poet and former teacher. A lot of his poems are about teaching and students; they also tend to be humorous. Well, my favorites are humorous. I have a copy of his book called What Learning Leaves and I also gave copies to a couple of friends of mine who are teachers. I have tremendous respect for teachers and I love Mr. Mali's poem called What Teachers Make. It does a pretty damn good job of explaining exactly why good teachers deserve our respect. I strongly recommend that if you skipped over the videos I shared in yesterday's post that you go back and watch them. Then, if you want to know more, you can visit Taylor Mali's website, twitter, Facebook and / or YouTube channel.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?