Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I Hate Drive-Thru
Back in my ice cream shop days, I much preferred to work the drive through window. Now days, I'd be fine if they closed all of them. My reasons:
- Popular fast food restaurants, such as McDonald's, have lines that can actually block traffic on the city roads. I pass two McDonald's on my way to work that sometimes have lines out into the street.
- You can get stuck in them. A lot of them are set up so you can't pull out of line if you have a need to.
- All those idling cars? Seriously not good for air quality. They really should close drive-thru's on ozone alert days.
- It's probably not much up against a Big Mac or a Whopper, but walking to the counter from a car is more exercise than sitting in the drive-thru lane.
- I haven't done a proper study, but I've never found much evidence that going through the drive-thru actually saves time.
Labels: up on my high horse
almost anywhere else, i'd rather go inside.