Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Take Tissues From Strangers

1:00 p.m. / 13:00

I was only trying to do the right thing, but I think I scared the hell out of two little girls at a Mexican restaurant last night. I ended up in a restroom stall without toilet paper. This, by the way, is the second time in less than a week that I ended up in a restroom stall at a Mexican restaurant without toilet paper. What gives? Anyway, I had tissues in my purse so I survived alright. As I left the stall, I held out the tissue packet to two little girls waiting and told them there wasn't any toilet paper in that one, and would they like a tissue? They didn't say a word or move an inch. They just went all bug-eyed like I'd offered them crack rocks instead of tissues. I didn't want to do anymore harm, so I left. It's a very strangely arranged restroom, so I while I washed my hands, I could not see if either girl went into the stall without toilet paper. Did I do something wrong? I've tried to think of how I would have reacted to such a thing as a little girl, and honestly, I'm not sure.

Tune in tomorrow... or someday... maybe later today... to read about how apparently, and earthquake was not enough to make my Friday interesting.

Comments:
Any more I check to see if there's an ample supply of tuchus paper before I sit down. Mostly because I've been in a similar situation and I don't normally carry tissues around.
 
Guys don't pack tissues in their wallets??
 
That's what shirt sleeves are for :P

But seriously, I usually don't carry tissues in my back pocket because I don't like having a big lump on my backside every time I use a chair.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?