Friday, November 02, 2007

Tired & Confused

11:00 p.m. / 23:00

Today I saw one apartment, three houses and talked to a loan lady at the bank. I am no closer to deciding what to do. I liked the aprtment. I loved one of the houses, the other two I'm not considering. Do I love the one enough to make that kind of commitment, though?

The apartment I saw was alright, but it didn't have washer / dryer hook-ups. The neat thing about it, is that it's near my job, but it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. I crossed an apartment in a divided up house off of the list because they don't allow pets. I'm still hoping to hear from some people who have a duplex I called about yesterday, but since it's been more than 24 hours I'm kind of not expecting to hear from them. Should I try calling again? I also have the number of some friends' landlord to call and see about their building. So, I haven't exactly run out of options, but things are not feeling very promising right now. My mom said I need to look at more apartments and not jump into buying a house, but I'm having trouble finding apartments to look at!

The house... the house is nearly perfect. I worry a little about re-sale because it's tiny and only has one bedroom (even though it's listed as a two-bedroom), but it's just about perfect. The basement steps, although sturdy, are very awkward. Ideally, they'd be re-built eventually. That's my only real complaint. A house, with a yard, is much more responsibility than an apartment. Is it worth it? One of the great things, aside from it being adorable, in great shape with all kinds of new and re-done stuff, is that it comes with a stove, refrigerator, washer & dryer. I'd have to buy some rugs for the nice hardwood floors, but that would be cheaper than appliances, right?

Oh, I'm a mess.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?