Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm A Slug

10:10 p.m. / 22:10

I'm kind of using the excuse that my cold has taken a turn for the worse, but really I've just been a slug today. I've done almost nothing but read and sleep. I'm trying to motivate myself to really do something tonight before I have to go to bed, but now I have a headache on top of everything else. I did get out for a little bit to help my mom with her computer at school and buy the rest of the stuff I need to my Christmas craft project. There's just so much I could be doing if only I knew how to motivate myself.

I still haven't finished setting up my new computer, although that's due in part to a debate with myself over whether or not it's worth transferring the wireless adapter now that I know I'll be moving in a few months. Should I try to keep using this computer until February, or is that just silly? I'm just not sure how I'll feel about it if I move the adapter and it doesn't work in my new computer, because it would probably be silly to buy a new adapter now.

For some reason, maybe because of the holiday season, I keep thinking about people I haven't talked to in too long. There are people, not many, but there are people I haven't gotten around to telling about my promotion, or that I'm buying a house and finding out what they've been up to. I need to get a gift for a friend who's baby shower I had to miss. Somehow I have that cataloged along with e-mailing old friends.

I need to clean. I really, really need to clean. My dad wrote "dust me" in the dust on top of my TV cabinet one evening when he was putting back a DVD he borrowed. Besides, if I start cleaning and organizing now, packing and moving will go better.

I think the ibuprofen I took is starting to help the headache, but it remains to be seen if I can get through the fog that comes from laying in bed with a cat most of the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?