Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday At Last

7:10 a.m. / 07:10

The first thing I'm going to do when I get settled in at my desk today is delete every e-mail related to yesterday's event; it's finally over. I don't know if it was a success, exactly, because it seems to be the nature of mandatory staff events that the majority of people don't appreciate it no matter what, but it wasn't a failure either. Lunch seemed to go smoothly, although I had to leave before it was really over to take the guest speaker to the airport to fly home to Chicago. I managed to not crash the minivan, which is good, of course. I found the garage a little awkward and I did technically back into something trying to get out, but I didn't damage anything. I think the worst of it was getting weird looks from other staff members who were in the alley smoking when I pulled out. The speaker was very nice and I think I managed to not say anything completely ridiculous to her on the way to the airport. I do wish I had been more gracious about her compliments regarding my city, though, instead of explaining that she's right about what she saw, but it isn't really the way most of the city is.

Enough nonsense rambling; I have to go to work!

Labels:


Comments:
Why accept a compliment when you can give it a pessimistic spin?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?