Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stone Soup Writing

11:00 p.m. / 23:00

So, I had this all planed out, but it's as though the contents of my brain drained out when I logged into Blogger, so I guess I'm just going to have to wing it. Drat. Let's see...

Money! I've spent too much of it, and will be almost broke until Friday when I get my first bigger paycheck for my new job, which will be great. Since I haven't moved yet, I should be able to put some in savings, make a hefty credit card payment and still have some left to spend on something I don't really need. Anyway, I took advantage of a big framing sale at Michael's on Friday and bought two nice frames for small Georgia O'Keeffe posters I bought in Chicago last month and another poster and a frame for it. Earlier in the week I bought a nice frame and a mat for a one-of-a-kind original print my friend EvilDucky made in college and gave to me for Christmas several years ago. Saturday night I went on an accidental, totally unplanned clothing purchasing spree at Target, which I blame completely on EvilDucky, even though it really wasn't her fault at all, especially since I'm the one who steered the car to the store in the first place. Tonight I went to my favorite giant, corporate bookstore, the mighty Barnes & Noble, just to get out of the house for a short bit, and ended up buying books I don't need. I'm supposed to be not buying books for a bit, since my collection is already kind of a pain in the ass to move.

I had a request from j-dog that I write about my new job, but now that I think about it, there's not a lot to say yet. I'm still doing more hours in circulation than reference. There's a lot of stuff to remember. I've learned how to finish processing the new fiction and new magazines when they arrive at my branch, but I keep skipping steps and then I have to go back and fix what I screwed up. I haven't made any major mistakes yet, which is very good. I have this big fancy chair that is really too big and fancy for my little desk. I need to figure out how to adjust it so it isn't so high and I don't feel so much like I'm sliding out the seat all the time. There's also this gel wrist rest thingy in front of my keyboard, which I've decided I like, but it's ancient and gross and coming apart, so I think I might use some of my new earnings to buy a new one. Something tells me even though it was there when I got the job, requesting a new one isn't an option. What else... I haven't answered a lot of questions yet. I did have a request for books on tuck-pointing the other day that my manager helped me with. Seems there's not much on tuck-pointing alone, so you have to direct people to masonry. I think I'm supposed to do reference all day tomorrow, which is a little odd since it's a Monday and circ. will be hoppin', but maybe I'll have more to say about the job after doing it for a whole day.

I guess that's it for now since it's late and I still have some laundry to finish up and I'm refusing to go to sleep without reading a little more of one or both of the books piled next to my pillow.

Labels:


Comments:
Dude, that was SO not my fault! LOL! I believe I even commented on wow you buy clothes all the time and how can you afford it. hehe.
 
awwwwwwwww....*still misses Target shopping with friends*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?