Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Public Service Announcement

9:45 p.m. / 21:45

This is going to be very random, but I believe it needs to be said.

Do not paint over hinges. As a general rule hardware on doors and windows probably should not be painted, but hinges turn out especially bad. Think about it; hinges are moving parts. The paint is going to crack and peel on your hinges, making them look bad, long before the rest of the door. In both of the old homes my parents have owned, most of the hardware was painted over at some point. It's annoying; please don't do it.

Labels:


Comments:
Maybe if someone can't figure out not to paint over the hinges, they deserve to have painted hinges. I'm just saying. Like I can't figure out that listening to weather reports is good, so I deserved the soak I received all morning.
 
Hear, hear. I heartily applaud this public service announcement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?