Sunday, January 28, 2007

Seriously? Seriously.

6:40 a.m. / 06:40

It's Sunday morning and I got up at 6:00. I fell asleep at 8:30 or 9:00 last night, and just never woke up. I was eating macaroni and cheese and watching Ghostbusters. Then after I was done eating, I could hardly stay awake, so I turned off the movie for a nap... and then I didn't wake up 'til six when the smoke alarm in the hall started chirping to tell me the battery was dying.

So, I got up to take out the battery. The smoke alarm is near the ceiling, or course, and we have rather high ceilings. A ladder was needed. I don't like heights. Yay. I fed the cats and drank some orange juice, partially to work on getting up the nerve to climb the ladder, and partially because it was not going to help matters if two hungry cats were rubbing against the base of the ladder and / or climbing the ladder with me. I really didn't want to do this, but I decided to be act like an adult, even if I do live in my parents' house.

So I brought the ladder up from the basement as quietly as possible and climbed up. Not so bad at first. The battery in this alarm was really secure, though, and I couldn't get it out at first, so I climbed back down, because I lost my nerve. After a couple more chirps I climbed back up and finally freed the damn dying battery. I'm not sure where the replacement batteries are, so that'll have to wait until my parents are awake.

So, now I'm awake in the early-ish morning on my day off. Seriously? Seriously. What to do? Finish Ghostbusters? I guess I'll start with breakfast.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note:

It looks like I'll be switching over to "new Blogger" the next time I log in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?