Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Serious Discussion Of Gay Marriage At The Grocery Store

12:20 a.m. / 00:20

Velocibadgergirl and I went on a wild and crazy bargain huntin' shoppin' trip tonight... well, sort of but anyway, after the bargains were found and purchased, the evening ended with a serious discussion of gay marriage and, really, homosexual relationships in general as we wandered the aisles of the grocery store collecting macaroni and cheese for me, milk for velocibadgergirl and Doritos for velocibadgergirl's husband's Dorito-cravin' brother. We were covering the fact that a lot of progress has been made in our life time towards making homosexuality more acceptable, and how awesome that is, as we made our approach to the cash registers.

Velocibadgergirl went through the line first, and I followed with my single microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner. By this time the conversation had ended, but it was still fresh in our minds as I told the bagger that I thought I could make it out without a bag. Then she asked us, "Are you together?". Um... Well, you know where our minds were. Neither of us answered right away, and then finally Velocibadgergirl said we're just friends. The bagger girl freaked out. She hadn't meant that at all of course... she just wanted to know if she should put my macaroni and cheese in the bag with the other stuff, since we might be going to the same car. We all laughed so hard. It was slightly embarrassing, but mostly it was just so freakin' funny.

Comments:
It was pretty damn hilarious. I just figured she'd heard us talking, since we're not exactly quiet types, and assumed we were talking about ourselves. I'm glad she laughed with us, or I'd have felt sort of bad for embarrassing her!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?