Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Next Major Purchase

11:58 p.m. / 23:58

My next major purchase will not be a new computer, even though I've had my current computer since August 2001 and it gives me headaches on a regular basis and I've really, truly about had it. No, my next major purchase will be three or four new tires for my car. Oh, joy, oh joy! As I was explaining to a friend last night, needing new tires is like needing new bras, only worse, because they're even more expensive and even less exciting.

On the other hand, I have finally purchased (nearly) seasons 1 - 4 of
Scrubs, which has become one of my favorite shows. Barnes & Noble is having a buy one TV box set, get a second TV box set free sale. Now, normally, Barnes & Noble has the most ridiculous prices when it comes to DVDs and CDs, but this isn't too bad. With my members card (totally worth it if you buy way, way too many books, etc.), I was able to purchase seasons 3 and 4 for less than $35.00 (including tax!), and I have seasons 1 and 2 on order. Yay!

Comments:
Needing tires is like needing bras ...?

Great.

I'll likely need new tires sometime during the next few months, and if I walk into a tire store and start thinking about buying bras - I will not be a happy camper.
 
She just meant that they are completely utilitarian to her and not "fun" to shop for. Some people probably like buying tires, especially fancy ones. As I am sure some people like buying bras. (especially fancy ones??)

Hey computer hater, fill up your thumbdrive and bring it over on Wednesday and we can start backing up your hard drive!
 
Dude, sweet! Maybe I can convince MB that we need Pinky & the Brain volumes 1 and 2 to go along with the Animaniacs sets my mom got me for Christmas :D
 
while i can't say i'd enjoy the shopping, i would be pretty excited to have new bras right about now. i seem to have broken all of mine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?