Friday, January 26, 2007

Harmonica And Me

9:55 p.m. / 21:55


My mom bought me this harmonica kit at Barnes & Noble last weekend. They've had it forever, and it's only about $10.00, and I mentioned I've often thought about buying it, and being a pretty cool mom, she decided on the spot that I had to have it. It wasn't until today though that I had some time alone with it to try it out. So far I like it, but I've never been a musical person, really, so we'll see how this goes.

It's kind of my understanding that on most instruments a note is easier to play than a chord. This is not the case with harmonicas. My mouth easily covers three holes at a time, making it easy to blow or draw three notes at one time. What's turning out to be a bigger challenge is learning to constrict my mouth so that I can tackle just one hole for one note.

My current goal is to be able to unabashedly play a little bit in the fall when some friends have planned a camping trip. I thought it might be cool if I could play when we're sitting around the camp fire at night. With my short attention span, though, I have to say that is a lofty goal for me.


Comments:
If you devise or learn any tricks for the one at a time part, would you pass 'em along?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?