Monday, December 11, 2006

I Knew I Was Going To Love This Book

1:30 a.m. / 01:30

I am now free to begin my holiday reading (scroll down to 12/6/06) since I just finished an excellent book called Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. This is the first book by Carl Hiaasen for grown-ups that I have read (I've read Hoot), but I knew before I even started it that I was going to love it. In some ways the book is sad, especially if you're a nature lover, but a lot of the time it's really funny and mostly it's just really good. It is not a book about a dog, but one of the main characters is a dog and every now and then, especially towards the end, Hiaasen tells the story from the dog's perspective, which is usually pretty funny and always interesting. I cannot really condone the actions of the... well, eco-terrorists, more or less, in the book but they were fun to read about and anyone who knows me knows I sympathize with them, I just very much prefer that things be handled legally. Yes, I would probably want to stop some rich asshole from destroying an entire island to create yet another golf resort, but no, I would probably not kidnap a lobbyist's dog, etc., as part of my campaign to stop the project. Anyway, I definitely recommend that you read this book.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?