Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Hogswatch Eve!

4:50 p.m. / 16:50

Well, here it is Christmas Eve and I've just finished the first of three books I chose to read during the Christmas season. What gave me the idea I'd have time for reading?

Hogfather is the third book by author Terry Pratchett that I've read, and I think it has done the most as far as pushing me to read more of his Discworld books. It was a really fun... funny book and entirely enjoyable, just as long as I didn't think too hard about how the daughter of Death's adopted daughter inherited characteristics of Death. Hmm... If you've never read any Terry Pratchett, I probably just popped something in your brain. I'm sorry.

The thing about Terry Pratchett is that even though his books are incredibly goofy and often laugh-out-very-loud funny, he also writes in some rather thought-provoking ideas, in a sneaky sort of way.

It's always good to look at anything, even Christmas, from another angle every now and then and that is what happens when you read this book. Hogswatch is a holiday remarkably similar to Christmas, with the Hogfather instead of Santa Claus and the Maul instead of the Mall.

I chose to read The Hogfather at Christmas, but I would recommend this book at any time of the year.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?