Wednesday, November 29, 2006
(Just) Six (Of The) Weird Things About Me
"According to the rules... Each player of this game starts with the '6 Weird Things about You'. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"
I was tagged by SSFB @ Starting Fresh.
1. I am a compulsive book-buyer, even though I work in a library.
2. I like to eat the heels of bread loafs, because the crust is my favorite part. In addition to this, way back when we were much younger and even goofier than we are now, I used to eat the crusts this friend tore off of her sandwiches.
3. I have a stuffed globe that I call Globey. It's what I wanted for Christmas when I was 12 or 13 years old. Sometimes on mornings when I don't have to be anywhere I lay in bed and look at all of the little islands in the Pacific Ocean, with their sometimes-funny names, until I'm ready to give up the warm covers and find some breakfast.
4. Speaking of breakfast, while it is something I'm starting to grow out of, I generally prefer cold cereal to any other option for breakfast. I love to have pancakes or a great veggie omelet with lots of cheese for dinner, but first thing in the morning, cereal with milk usually makes me happiest.
5. I think it's really cool that my birth date, August 1, 1981 becomes 8-1-81. The numbers that represent the month and the day are the same as the year! Okay, I'll always think it's cool, but I've given up on expecting others to think it's cool. Also, I miss the phone number I had growing up, because it was a palindrome. I used to tell people to try dialing it backwards when I gave it to them.
6. Even though I've been working since the summer of 1998, I've only had two employers. I worked at an ice cream and sandwich shop from summer 1998 - summer 2001, and the library system from summer 2001 to the present. I am the only person my age I know with such a simple work history. I have loyalty in my favor, but I worry sometimes that I don't have a proper variety of experiences.
I am tagging only three people. Sorry.
rabidmonkey @ Another Waste of Time
norahs1213 @ The Elucidated Ponderings of an Apathetic Mind
Repressed Librarian @ To Know As We Are Known