Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Tofurkey Day!

11:30 p.m. / 23:30

I hope you enjoyed your tofurkey (or your turkey) as much as I did. Of course, nothing beats green bean casserole. Yum!

I spent my Thanksgiving with my parents and brother this year, plus a neighbor my parents are friends with. Another couple my parents are friends with joined us for the pie-eating portion of the day. By this time, I had retreated to the sofa with the book I'm currently reading. At the other end of the sofa, my brother was napping. Eventually I became sleepy too, and put the book down and just listened to my parents and their friends talking in the dining room. I felt like a little kid again-- all curled up with a blanket there on the sofa, listening to the "grown-ups" talk and laugh. It was a weird feeling, but it was kind of nice just this once.


***************************************

I've been kind of grouchy lately, so this evening I have been trying to remember all of the things I have to be thankful for.



Comments:
Oh, I'm certain you have lost control, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?