Thursday, November 23, 2006
Happy Tofurkey Day!
I hope you enjoyed your tofurkey (or your turkey) as much as I did. Of course, nothing beats green bean casserole. Yum!
I spent my Thanksgiving with my parents and brother this year, plus a neighbor my parents are friends with. Another couple my parents are friends with joined us for the pie-eating portion of the day. By this time, I had retreated to the sofa with the book I'm currently reading. At the other end of the sofa, my brother was napping. Eventually I became sleepy too, and put the book down and just listened to my parents and their friends talking in the dining room. I felt like a little kid again-- all curled up with a blanket there on the sofa, listening to the "grown-ups" talk and laugh. It was a weird feeling, but it was kind of nice just this once.
I've been kind of grouchy lately, so this evening I have been trying to remember all of the things I have to be thankful for.
- Mom, Dad & my brother, plus the rest of our family
- every single one of my excellent friends
- most of my co-workers
- my family's cats
- my job (much better than no job)
- my health, especially my eyesight, which allows me to read wonderful books
- my health insurance
- good food, like tofurkey, green bean casserole and homemade rolls
- my car that is more likely to start than not start
- books, books, books
- the internet
- good music
- flannel pajamas on cold nights
- the increasing availability of organic foods
- the two-term limit on the office of President of the United States of America
- And many more things... this list is running all over the place... I may have lost control.