Thursday, May 11, 2006

It Was... Good.

11:55 p.m. / 23:55

It's been several days now since I finished reading this year's Newberry Medal winner, Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins. I have no idea what to tell you about it. It was... good. I just really can't explain it. It wasn't really a page-turner, but it was entertaining it it's own unique way. The kids were all cool; I liked them. It was sort of a light coming-of-age story, or the beginning of one, anyway. It left an impression... at first I thought it hadn't really affected me at all, but no... it's days later and I'm still thinking about Debbie and Hector and everyone else in the book... almost missing them. It was well-written; I can say that much.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?