Monday, May 08, 2006

Do You Like French Food?

11:50 p.m. / 23:50

Well, it really doesn't matter if you like French food or not. Love it, hate it, don't give a crap about it, you still must read Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell. I really wanted to read this book, and I am so glad I did. It sounded good, but it was probably twice as good as I was expecting it to be. This is the kind of non-fiction that is almost stranger than fiction (my favorite non-fiction). I was expecting a nice little story. It turns out though that "nice" is not really the right word to describe Texan / New Yorker Julie Powell, or her book. "Good" works, but it's an understatement. You know what? Just go read it yourself. You'll laugh, occasionally be disgusted and best of all (well for me, anyway), you'll know what I'm talking about!

Labels:


Comments:
I saw the film adaptation of Julie and Julia which is very good starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. I haven't read the book yet.

Cathy
French online
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?