Sunday, April 02, 2006

On My Bookshelf, Plus Ramona Quimby

11:43 p.m. / 23:43

I just noticed that on my bookshelf there is a place where children's books gather, even though all of the books are shelved in alphabetical order by author, and my adult books are mixed with the kids books. There are seven children's books by four authors all together in one spot, though, because I don't have any adult books that interrupt Beverly Cleary, Andrew Clements, Karen Cushman and Roald Dahl.

Mentioning Beverly Cleary just now reminded me that a couple of months ago, I read the newest Ramona book, called Ramona's World, and forgot to mention it. When I was about 6 and 7 years old, nothing was more exciting than a Ramona book. Beverly Cleary was my first "favorite author". I think at one time or another during those years someone (Mom or a teacher) read all of the available Ramona books to me. I might have even read one or two of them by myself. I was really curious when I discovered that an all-new Ramona book had been published around the time I graduated from high school. It had been a long time, but I found Ramona to be pretty much as I remembered her to be, and it was nice to read about her day-to-day adventures again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?