Friday, April 21, 2006

Melanie Rehak And The Mystery Of Carolyn Keene

11:27 p.m. / 23:27

I recently finished reading Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak, further proving that I do read non-fiction from time to time. I read enough Nancy Drew Mysteries around the ages of 12 and 13, that the story of how Nancy came to be, who Carolyn Keene was and why Nancy had remained so popular was something I was excited to learn more about. Really, though it was interesting, it was rarely exciting. I'm glad I took the time to read the book; it was worth it. I guess I had just hoped for too much. My favorite things about the book are that it really does totally clear up all of the mystery about who Carolyn Keene was, and the fact that it was clearly well-researched. I'll never look at a Nancy Drew now and not think about this book too.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?