Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Crochet

11:55 p.m. / 23:55

I have been saying that I would learn to crochet ever since some of my friends started knitting. Well, I've finally begun. Progress has been somewhat slow, but then I'm really not in a hurry. I've been using Teach Yourself Visually Crochet by Kim P. Werker and Cecily Keim, and now I have also picked up Single Crochet For Beginners by Cindy Crandall-Frazier and Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. The photographs in the first book are great. I picked up the single crochet book, because the whole book concentrates on one stitch (the single crochet stitch, just in case that wasn't clear). If by chance you are a knitter, you may have heard of Debbie Stoller's other books, Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook and Stitch 'N Bitch Nation.

When it comes to craft books like these, your first stop should be the public library. If I stick with crocheting, I might buy one or two of these books to keep around as references, but otherwise I plan on making use of the library's crochet books. I'm figuring that any patterns I want to keep I can make copies of and collect them in a binder.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?