Thursday, February 09, 2006

More On Jennifer Weiner

12:12 a.m. / 00:12

Jennifer Weiner is the author of Good In Bed, In Her Shoes, Little Earthquakes and Goodnight Nobody. She is now also one of my favorite chick-lit authors. Good In Bed is probably my favorite of these four. It is Weiner's first novel, and also a good place to start. In Her Shoes is also excellent, in spite of using an old cliche plot twist (can't tell you which one). I found myself relating to both of the sisters in this book, for different reasons. Little Earthquakes makes me afraid to have children, but it was good too. I could not relate as well with the characters in Little Earthquakes as well as I could with the characters in her two earlier novels, but she was able to make me care about them anyway. Goodnight Nobody was different than the other three. It had a murder-mystery element to it. I enjoyed it, but not near as much as I enjoyed her first three. I had a lot of trouble relating to the mother-of-three main character. Also, the ending was... lacking. The mystery was solved, but a lot of the book revolved around the woman's personnel life, and that was left pretty-open ended. I have to say, though, it would have been difficult to wrap that up in any comfortable, believable fashion. Even though I was a little disappointed in Goodnight Nobody, I'm still looking forward to her next book, whenever and whatever that might be.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?