Thursday, September 08, 2005

School-Sick

2:55 p.m. / 14:55

I've been school-sick for almost two weeks now. It feels just like home-sick, except the feeling is caused by not being in school, rather than by not being at home. I knew that as much as I could not wait to graduate from college, there would be things I'd miss. I never thought it would be this bad, though.

I'm serious. I'm actually thinking about taking classes next semester. I probably won't, because of money and other things. Hopefully I'll be over this by then anyway. I'm actually thinking about driving out to my university's campus on Monday, because I have some business to take care of there anyway. I wonder if that will actually make it worse, though, to be there for a day, but not really be a part of it anymore. I keep trying to remind myself that, overall, school never really agreed with me, and that so much of the time I was miserable.

I guess the problem is that even though I've graduated, I still don't really have any career goals. I don't have a clue what I'm really going to do with my life, and I'm not sure how to figure it out. Some days I want to be a librarian. Other days, I want to teach high school social studies. Every now and then, I think about going back for an art degree. Really, any of these would mean going back to school. Is that a coincidence?

In the mean time, I'm working 20 - 24 hours a week at a job that I love, but have outgrown. Oh, yeah, and I live with my parents.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?