Sunday, March 29, 2009
This List Is More For Me Than It Is For You
- I have less time. It's not the greatest excuse in the world; many, many people who are busier than I am find time to blog, but then again, time management is far, far from being one of my strengths.
- I think of great ideas during the day at work, but then I'm too tired to care later. Lame.
- I can no longer blog about work. At all. Ever. This is probably pushing it. There's been a big thing about social networking and what's considered public and what's not and it hasn't been pretty and I really cannot say anymore.
- I blog as part of my job now. Not often, but when I do it's usually about books, which is was I originally wrote about here.
- Life is good. Honestly, it's harder to write about the good times than the bad times. Also, I wouldn't want my blog to turn into some fluffy ode to my tiny house, my furry kitties and my wonderful boyfriend (who still needs a blog nickname). That's okay for others, but not for me; just not my style. I don't think.
- I might just be loosing interest. This blog is about four years old. That's a long time for me to engage in any hobby. Reading is one of the only things that's ever stuck like that. Maybe blogging has run its course with me. It's not an idea I'm comfortable with, but it still might be true.
- Facebook & Twitter. I never really got into MySpace, but I'm a little addicted to Facebook and Twitter, although I cannot use them at all during work hours anymore. Maybe in some way they are fulfilling whatever need blogging was fulfilling before.
Labels: blogging failure